Cannabidiol (CBD) derived from the hemp plant is the trending ingredient that skincare product manufacturers are using in their formulations. It is being touted as a miracle compound due to its many potential therapeutic effects. This has led to a surge in demand for cannabidiol-infused topical products that can be used for improving skin health and treating common dermatological issues. This article will best attempt to answer various doubts about CBD skincare; read ahead to know more about them.
Fast Facts About CBD Skincare Use
Cannabidiol (CBD) is used as an active ingredient in skincare products due to its antioxidant property. Because of this, it can be used for reducing inflammation, neutralizing free radicals, and regulating the secretion of sebum. Besides, studies show that it can be useful for those who have sensitive skin, and it can slow down the aging of the skin. However, you must be careful when using CBD skincare products because the therapeutic effects of this cannabinoid are not well understood.
What Is CBD?
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring cannabinoid in the hemp plant. Its potential skincare effects are due to its positive effect on the receptors of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The skin is the largest organ in our body, and because of this, it has a higher concentration of ECS receptors. So, CBD topical products like creams, balms, lotions, etc., can be applied to the skin.
What Are CBD Benefits For Skin?
- CBD can be useful for treating inflammatory acne by reducing swelling, pain, and redness.
- CBD helps with reducing the excess sebum production by the sebaceous glands.
- Due to CBD’s effect of regulating oil production, it may help with reducing acne breakouts.
- Due to CBD’s effect of reducing inflammation, it may be useful for calming rosacea flare-ups.
- The antioxidant effect of CBD neutralizes free radicals and thereby reduces the damage to cells and tissues due to oxidative stress.
- CBD topical products can be used for combating the inflammation and irritation caused by eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- CBD topical products can be used for combating skin dryness because they have moisturizing properties.
How To Use CBD Skincare Products?
To get the most out of CBD skincare products, you must apply them after cleansing the skin. This will ensure that the cannabinoid will enter the deeper layers of the skin and produce its effects.
On a final note, before using CBD skincare products for dermatological issues, you must consult a dermatologist because it may not be equally effective for all.